NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Telescope controler software

I have the latest V of Stellarium  which is supposed to at least slew scopes. I don't have the necessary connecting wires (RS232 to USB) yet (on order) but how does one slew the scope?

I can't find any operator instructions in the Stellarium files. So how does one control the scope?

My scope is a Celestron 114LCM. Hope this in enough info>

Stellarium uses "Ctrl 1" to slew and "Ctrl 3" to Sync i think there may be a abort option but can't recall the keys.....

Guess I'll have to wait for my RS232 to USB connector to arrive. Is there any other software to control scopes? I can't use Sky Safari since I have a Windows laptop.

Oh well, things will work out in the future, I'm sorta getting a bit ahead of myself.

Guess I'll have to wait for my RS232 to USB connector to arrive. Is there any other software to control scopes? I can't use Sky Safari since I have a Windows laptop.

Oh well, things will work out in the future, I'm sorta getting a bit ahead of myself.

Stellarium is an excellent planetarium but most people use Cartes du Ciel for telescope control. It's not as pretty but is very functional.

Stellarium is an excellent planetarium but most people use Cartes du Ciel for telescope control. It's not as pretty but is very functional.

Just downloaded it, looked it over - WOW - just hope when I get everything up and running it goes smoothly. BTW does it slew up/down, left/right? It is not clear from the slew window.

You could have look here, some use this to good effect.

Free download, but you have to pay after a trial period.

http://www.skymap.com/

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I can't afford expensive software like that.

Archived