Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Synscan AZ V3 no cables (RJ12)

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a Synscan AZ V3 Handset/Controller. It didn't come with any cables. I looked up the PDF for the handset & I am a little confused as to what cable goes where.
Am I on the right line of....
The RJ12 input on the Mount connects to the RJ12 on the Handset/Controller.
The RJ45 on Handset/Controller connects to your PC (if you decide that is how you want to control your mount).

Apologies if this question has been asked before & thanks for any responses in advance.

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a Synscan AZ V3 Handset/Controller. It didn't come with any cables. I looked up the PDF for the handset & I am a little confused as to what cable goes where.

Am I on the right line of....

The RJ12 input on the Mount connects to the RJ12 on the Handset/Controller.

The RJ45 on Handset/Controller connects to your PC (if you decide that is how you want to control your mount).

Apologies if this question has been asked before & thanks for any responses in advance.

The RJ12 socket (centre socket on handset) is used to connect the handset to a pc or laptop for updating the firmware or for controlling the mount from a computer.  Use this cable http://www.firstlightoptics.com/astronomy-cables-leads-accessories/serial-cable-for-skywatcher-and-celestron-mounts.html (skywatcher version) for this. You might also need a good quality serial/usb adapter if your computer doesn't have a serial port. The RJ45 socket on the handset is the one for connecting the handset to the mount. Use this cable http://www.365astronomy.com/SkyWatcher-SynScan-AZ-Handset-Cable.html to connect the handset to the mount.

Archived