Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQMOD STAR ALIGMENT DUMP

mhard26339

Hi, I have for about a year been using a saved 10 star alignment within EQMOD that has proved very accurate, stable and reliable. However, recently the file has disappeared (not deleted through my actions) and hence I now have difficulty in getting fixes from my remote location.

Does anyone know if, and if so where, the file could have been saved somewhere, anywhere or has it gone!  

Thanks in advance

Regards

Mike

EQMOD saves all alignment data within the file align.ini. You can find this file by typing %appdata%/eqmod into a file explorer address bar.  Each alignment set can be saved within a separate alignment preset so it may be worth using the EQMOD points editor to just scan through all the presets to see if there is any data there - it may just be a case that the currently active preset has changed for some reason. 

Its worth mentioning that the toolbox application that installs with EQMOD provides a simple way to backup and restore each of the ini files that EQMOD uses (eqmod.ini, align.ini and joystick.ini). This is something I would advise folks doing because files can become corrupt /  locked particularly if they are open and being accessed during a power fail etc.

Chris.

EQMOD saves all alignment data within the file align.ini. You can find this file by typing %appdata%/eqmod into a file explorer address bar.  Each alignment set can be saved within a separate alignment preset so it may be worth using the EQMOD points editor to just scan through all the presets to see if there is any data there - it may just be a case that the currently active preset has changed for some reason. 

Its worth mentioning that the toolbox application that installs with EQMOD provides a simple way to backup and restore each of the ini files that EQMOD uses (eqmod.ini, align.ini and joystick.ini). This is something I would advise folks doing because files can become corrupt /  locked particularly if they are open and being accessed during a power fail etc.

Chris.

Thanks Chris, excellent service as usual. I did check through the other pre-sets but nothing there and all called "Empty" which indeed they were. The missing file was a named file, i will look for it where you said.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

One other thing to watch out for is that the ini files are stored in a "user" specific location. So different user's of your PC can have different EQMOD setups. If you have changed your windows user account that could explain why you now have empty alignment presets.

Chris.

Archived