Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PreciseParts

Physopto

I was and am, needing a dust cap making for my QSI CCD camera. I have had a special part machined here in the UK as I have had several alterations made to my imaging train. The firm that did the work for me has ceased trading  to all intent and purposes as they are no longer able to do small one off jobs.

I looked around on the internet  and found a well respected firm in the USA, PreciseParts. So I enquired as to whether they could make the part for me. I included a drawing with sizes of the part required in the email which was sent on the  3rd December . They had all the details that they needed to provide me with an estimate for the work. I received an email back from them, the same day,  suggesting that they had not heard of a part with this thread (m48x1mm).

I had explained in the original enquiry that it was a part machined to my specifications!  The person responding had either not  fully understood my enquiry or not bothered to read it properly. I responded that same day telling the sender that and again asked for a quote. Since then I have not received any communication although I have sent another email to remind them on the 8th December. Today I sent a final email telling them that since they seemed not to want my custom that I would post their lack of responses  here on SGL.

I find their complete lack of response very rude and disappointing and will not deal with them in the future. It may be worth being aware of their lack of care for potential customers here in the UK!

Derek

Archived