NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Nexstar 8se What camera adapter do I need?

Well I have finally got my 8se which I love may I add. I would probably love it even more if the skies were not full of clouds. I have never known as much rain in my life here in England. Anyway I am wanting to mount my Panasonic HC-W850 camcorder to my scope but I am having problems (yes I am am novice.. but trying lol). I bought a T ring adapter with a 49mm thread on one side which does screw into my camera but on the other side it has 3 screws to secure to... well something, but it does not go over my lenses. Now I bet you are all laughing at me but what the hell am I doing wrong. I have a feeling I may have bought the wrong adapter haha. Please help!

Hi

You're correct, your camera needs to attach to one of your eyepieces.

If you have the right adapter, the three grub screws lock into the groove on the eyepiece where the rubber eyecup attaches.

Google for:

ScopeTronix Digi-T Digital Camera Adapter T-ring for 1.25" Eyepieces, Requires Step Rings to Fit Camera.

Hope this helps

Michael

Thanks to both of you. I will try this Michael, it may fit to my stock eyepiece but not sure if it will fit my bulkier x-cel lenses I wanted to attach camera to lens so I get magnification through it.. Baggywrinkle do you have any problems when the scope pans upward in regards to it catching on the base. Thanks again.

Thanks to both of you. I will try this Michael, it may fit to my stock eyepiece but not sure if it will fit my bulkier x-cel lenses I wanted to attach camera to lens so I get magnification through it.. Baggywrinkle do you have any problems when the scope pans upward in regards to it catching on the base. Thanks again.

Good question about camera hitting the base. I also own an 8SE but have never attached my DSLR simply because i'm not an imager. All i can say (and as any 8se owner knows) is that the eyepiece end of the scope never travels too far from the face even when pointed almost directly 90 degrees upwards to zenith. Its pretty much always right there in your face......no need to stand on your head or anything. Depending on how far along the dovetail bar you put the scope, I'm sure attaching a camera is fine. You'd probably want to lock the scope OTA as close to the eyepiece end of the scope (as i believe the image above shows). Even without a camera attached, this is pretty much how you want the scope mounted..........rather than say midway along the dovetail bar.

Hope this makes sense.

Baggy........can you post any images you have taken with the 8se and setup as in the image you posted. I'd love to see results as its not something many do because of the Alt-Az mount.

Archived