Full disc and some hi res proms - SF50 21st May 2008

NickH

Pulled the PST80 apart awaiting the arrival of the AR6, (which has now turned up...thanks Steve!), so did some imaging with the SF50.

Awesome scope is all i have to say..though today the seeing was poor, with loads of clouds getting in the way all the time, it more than holds its own.

Here's the first shots, full disc at F7.5, with proms, and some hi res surface and prom shots. I have higher resolution versions of the full disc (F20), and some F60 prom shots to finish processing as well...loads more filaments, active regions and proms in various resolutions also still to do, will hopefully post later, once I finish dribbling over this AR6 setup (it's HUGE!)...

Still need to sort out the ERF for that one, but it's going on Saturn tonight all being well (after the footie!)

6185_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

6186_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

6187_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

6188_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

6189_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

6191_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

6192_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

6194_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Bonfires on the sun. Pretty poor description of those amazing prominences.

These are exceptional images Nick. These amazing scopes really do bring our star closer to home.

Ron. :shocked:

Archived