NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M31 RGB

pyrasanth

I continue to capture M31 with the RASA & now have a set of colour data to play around with.

This has been interesting as Olly wondered if the RASA could capture RGB data with the ATik 11000 because of the very wide field of view could have done weird things to the data at very short focal lengths. 

I'm pleased to report that using standard 2" filters from Baader the results are very good & continue to get a good colour balance as with the Atik 460 & the 1.25" filters.

The image below is 30 x 2 mins in each channel processed in CCD stack & Photoshop. I continue to capture the L & HA data & will get this blended when available.

As always let me know what you think of the work in progress. All constructive criticism received. I know the core area still needs some work.

The image deserves to be seen big! The original at half the available pixels is 9 Mb- the forum post looses a fair bit of detail in the PNG format.

post-36426-0-37277200-1449616441_thumb.p

Clear skies to you all.

Thanks!- glad you like the effort.

I'm working on the L & HA to blend this data in but the weather has been simply awful so it's taking much longer than expected. I really like how bright the image is- I've never captured M31 with such vibrancy so I'm well pleased. I'm putting my blue filter to use now as I capture M33.

Archived