Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Calibration problems in Pixinsight

Have been running BPP to produce calibrated files and the results are really bad. Here is an example for a pre and post calibrated file:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yxap96jc11y81be/AAA4N8sfiRBy_qemidNlWdPxa?dl=0

The master flats/darks/bias look fine, so is there a setting I'm getting wrong for calibration?

I've run some tests by calibrating manually and am still getting the same problem. I have tried calibrating just using Darks/Bias/Flats to see where the issue lies and it seems that calibrating just with Darks gives a good image but issues arise with Bias and even more so with Flats.

TIA for any imput.

I had a similar problem with my images, where the master bias destroyed the calibration process. It turned out that I used a debayered bias on raw light frames. I do my imaging with a DSLR.

My advice: check the state of the bias or make a new masterbias.

How did the calibration of the flats work out? Do they look OK?

Thanks for your reply. That particular problem will not apply to me because these are all with a CCD, but I am wondering if there might be problems with the darks. I've put the masters in the dropbox folder as well, now. They *seem* to be ok to me.

Many thanks

Archived