Comet Catalina 4/12/15

This is only my second outing with my new skywatcher star adventurer. I have to say I think the mount is performing beautifully but its being held back by my ability to read the sky!! I had intended to shoot some widefield in the east as this is my best view, however I had forgotten the moon was washing it out at 3am! So had to hastily switch to a pot luck target near Ursa major (never a good idea when you haven't planned it!) 

Anyway I had decided that I would have a go for Comet Catalina when it came up. Second problem was knew it was going to be under Venus so I then found I had set up my tripod directly where the only tree at the bottom of the garden blocks my view! Eventually I did get some shots. This is about 25 x 25 sec exposures with a few darks and flats. Taken with canon 70d and Tamron 90mm.

post-5004-0-62816000-1449230501_thumb.jp

Archived