NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Can the weather get any better than this? <sarcasm>

Pompey Monkey

I do wonder if it is the unseasonably warm weather we are having which is having an impact. All of November has been terrible, though I did manage an hour on Friday night only to get clouded out. Then the usual occurrence of having packed my gear away I took one last look at the skies and they had cleared. No idea how long they stay cleared as I went to bed in disgust. :mad:

A number of my targets (M42 & M45) are slowly moving behind a neighbours house earlier and earlier. Mid December and I'll have to go to my other site which will no doubt resemble a bog and won't be fit to image from.

Does not look like it is going to improve any time soon either...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite my dramatic loss of interest in motoring, its been about 2 weeks since I have been able to cycle to work, or indeed anywhere. A bit fed up now, lookin forward to those subzero temperatures where if we do get precipitation, it isnt wet. I can handle the cold but I cant stand rain. Of all the 170+ moons n planets in our solar system, it was my luck I was born on one of the only 3 said to have rain. 

It's meant to be clear where I am tonight so having just setup my scope for some lunar observing and maybe imaging. I see there is a covering of light cloud everywhere, brilliant !

Sorry to say that with our hobby in this country this something we have to learn to live with. :mad:

Archived