Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lens protectors for Canon Lenses

Hi guys,

I have UV lens filters on my Canon lenses (my camera has now been modded with a Baader filter change not full UV/IR) and am awaiting some clear skies :rolleyes:  and I was wondering is it ok to keep these on for AP work or is it better to get clear ones. I know that AP is a fickle minx. I do have some polarising ones too but I would assume these wouldn't be any good. TBH I only have them on to protect my lenses anyway so I don't mind changing.

Any recommendations on make as well would be helpful if I do need clear ones. The UV ones I have were unbranded and only a tenner for a couple but they performed well for normal use.

Many thanks in anticipation

Regards

Lovely picture KoCS. Something for me to aspire to. I'll keep an eye out for the lens flare. At present I don't have a filter on my nifty fifty only the 200mm and 18-55mm lenses. 

Thanks for the help guys. Just need some clear skies :rolleyes:

Regards

Thanks, glad you like them.

I have found that some of the cheap filters do show lens flare artifacts if there is a bright object in the FOV the Hoya does better so I tend to leave them off my my nifty fifty but on with the 70-200L

Alan

Checking again, my NA & Pelican image may have a couple artifacts in it due to the very bright Deneb being in view, but I'm not sure if they are coming from the UV filter or the lens itself. I might try removing it the next time I'm shooting something really bright.

Archived