Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meade LX10 Standard Hand Controller.

Hi All

Can anyone explain how this works please?

I plugged it in and switched it on and I can hear the motor going, when I press the N - Nothing seems to happen, S - Nothing seems to happen, E - It stops the motor running. W - Seems to make it run faster.

This was just plugging it into the mount indoors so that might make a difference.

Would be grateful for any explanation.

just check they the DEC gear hasnt came loose,it has a small allen nut,this used to loosen on mine,the left and right sounds ok,because it tracks,  when you press E it actually almost stops.

Cheers Paul

However is that accessible from outside or do I need to remove something?

On the front panel, directly below the socket where the hand controller plugs in, is another socket marked "Dec Motor"

If you have the optional Dec Motor, there should be a lead plugged into that.

The other end should be plugged into the Dec Motor attached to the underside of the left fork arm.

As paul mc c says, the gear can become loose, but you should hear the Dec Motor whirring when you press N or S.

The other buttons work as you said.

Michael

On the front panel, directly below the socket where the hand controller plugs in, is another socket marked "Dec Motor"

If you have the optional Dec Motor, there should be a lead plugged into that.

The other end should be plugged into the Dec Motor attached to the underside of the left fork arm.

As paul mc c says, the gear can become loose, but you should hear the Dec Motor whirring when you press N or S.

The other buttons work as you said.

Michael

I think I may have confused this a little.

When I said I get nothing when I press N and S I meant I can still hear the motor running.

I assume that's perfectly normal then.

So N, S, there is no change in the motor sound.

W makes it speed up.

E makes it silent.

Is that correct? If so then its working as normal.

Still some confusion here, probably me .

The RA motor in the base runs all the time, it's very quiet, so you almost have to hold your ear to the base to hear it.

When you press W it speeds up, press E it stops - correct.

The Dec motor, if you have it,  is a black box screwed under the left fork, it is very noisy when running , but should only run when you press N or S.

The RA motor in the base should not change speed when you press N or S

Michael

Archived