Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M31 multi panel test - a wip

fwm891

post-14748-0-99408200-1446375111_thumb.p

Played last night with next multi panel project - not right as the horizontal overlaps were too small (very apparent), vertical overlaps were fine.

Image is in 5 panels 4 corners and a central area to tie them all together.
Techy stuff:
AA 115 EDT-APO on Avalon Linear fast reverse mount
Nikon Monotec modified DSLR, no filters, iso 1600 2x300s, 2x106s, 2x 40s and 2x20s subs per panel (106s? don't ask!)
panels processed in PI: calibrated with bias, dark and flat frames, aligned and integrated. selective DBE on final panels not individual subs - saved as 16 bit tiffs
opened in PS and assembled, then applied levels to individual panels to balance them out (not right yet as you can see the joins)  assembled image flattened and saved.
Moved back to PI for saving to jpg and png formats.

A WIP :smiley:

Thanks both,

Michael, I'm looking to extend this to 3 horizontal and 2 vertical panels. That will allow more overlap and a slightly wider framing as I think I'm clipping detail on the right hand side.

Also want to add some longer subs (600 seconds) to the no filtered images then some 7nm Ha to lift the H regions a little.

Good start. If you get some data to fill in the gaps, you should get a fine mosaic.

Plenty of detail there. Thanks for posting.

Archived