Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Basler ace 1300 30GM - no Windows 10 support ??

jarbi

Hi mates,

Recently I have upgraded my astro laptop to Windows 10, and almost everything works fine on it - except my Basler GigE cameras. I have contacted Basler and I was told they would release a Windows 10 compatible driver in october - nothing happened so far. 

Does anyone has succeeded to make this camera ( or any other Basler GigE ) work in windows 10 ? The Pylon 4.2.2 drivers ( latest ) are not working for me, but maybe there is a known trick to make it work !

Any help would be appreciated,

Clear skies,

Janos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

A small update here: Basler released his Pylon 5 drivers for Windows 10 end of 2015, so one step closer to the solution.

The next step would be that Firecapture supports Pylon 5, but it will not happen any soon as Torsten informed me...

So I went back to Windows 7 with my Astro laptop to have my Basler cameras working. 

BUT: today I have discovered http://genicapture.com/ - it is not free but promises Windows 10 support for Basler camera's. I will test the trial version this evening ;-) I have tested Sharpcap already, but it is not really handy for serious Sun/planetary imaging,

Cheers,

Janos

Firts tests with the demo version of "Genica Astro" are promising !

I have installed it on my Windows 7 Pc, it requires Pylon 5. So it wil also work in Windows 10 I believe. The acquisition controls are very good.

Two important features I'm missing  

- not taking on-fly flats

- profiles per object ( like in firecapture )

So I will hold back a bit to see how is it evolving and I am trying to discover more. The only point I find really weird that it doesn't provide any help or manual. Also nothing on the website ( at least I didn't find it yet ).

Cheers,

Janos

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

A happy update this time: Torsten has now built in Pylon 5 support in the latest beta version of Firecapture. I have tested it succesfully in Windows 10 and Windows 7 as well, so this one should not stop you from going for Windows 10. The Pylon 5 support includes the USB3 and the Gigabit versions of Basler camera's also !! :happy7:

clear skies,

Janos

Archived