Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron C8

Hello, I was thinking of getting an Explore Scientific 152mm refractor until I discovered a Celestron C8. Does the C8 give a 'True Image' I think so and what  difference between a Dobsonian 200p?

Thanks very much anyone.

What do you mean by a "true image" ?.

I moved from a C8 to an 8" dobsonian a few years back and found the views of many objects very similar. The dobsonian needed shorter focal length eyepieces to get higher magnifications because of it's shorter focal length but could show a wider field at low power. The C8 showed an image that was the right way up but east and west reversed due to the diagonal.

By 'True Image' I meant right way up and correct east/west. To get east/west correct then I hope a particular diagonal will get this,  if not (sorry for the change to italics???) it will put me off .

You can get correct image diagonals for use in SCT, Mak-Cassegrain and Refractor telescopes. They are not generally that great for astronomical purposes because the additional glass needed to achieve an image like our eyes see also tends to add abberations to the astro images.

Thank you, I have a correct image diagonal on my 120mm refractor but wanted to know whether it would work on a C8. I'll keeping looking through diagonals as I really don't like upside down back to front etc images, what I don't see (without diagonal) I won't notice. Thanks anyway.

Archived