Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

More advice please.

Hello again.

I have been given a laser collimator, are these easy to use as it has no instructions?

I will frequently use the telescope away from home, is there a reasonably priced bag or similar that I can buy to transport it in.  I saw a thread on here a while ago but can't find it now.

Thanks again

Hi there Megalot, their easy to use, but be cautious in their usage?  You can present yourself  a whole heap of issues!

Have a peek here on how to set-up a laser? ( copy & paste into your browser )  www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE09_X43UUQ

To avoid any  issues with Laser calibration my preferred choice for collimating  is to use a Cheshire tool, getting the secondary perfectly aligned, then just tweaking the rest of the system!  but I admire  the  Laser - Barlow method , pre-session, to quickly check the final mirror,  away from home!.......check here.... ( copy & paste )  www.cameraconcepts.com/barlowed%20laser%20collimation.pdf

Archived