Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Basic question about Quickcam/Travelscope/Focus

Hi guys,

currently playin' around with a Quickcam pro 4000 which I have managed to connect to my Celestron 60/360 Travelscope. I have removed the shell and the lens before attaching it to the scope --> see image scope_and_cam.jpg

The problem is that under no circumstances I am able to get into focus with this setup. I'm using SharpCap 2.5x for testing. The only way to get in focus is when I attach the original lense to the quickcam. Not on the scope of course. I've done this only to make sure the cam works. I guess the problem is that the cam is too far away from the scope lens cause the original lens is only 1cm away from the chip and this works. Is that true? Or do I miss anything else?

The second image is from SharpCap. Thats what I always see (without the quickcam lense of course).

Any advice would help :D

Thank you very much

Martin

post-39709-0-19717900-1445171370_thumb.j

post-39709-0-07002500-1445171407.jpg

I think you need to add a 2 inch extension tube to the focuser and then add the webcam.

If you were using an eye piece you would have had a diagonal in place, you have removed this but the focal point is still the same place I think you need to move the webcam further away hence a 2 inch extension tube.

Archived