NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pickerings Triangle narrowband

Stardust

I#ve spent a fair bit of time in the Veil recently. This was my first go with all three of my narrowband filter, been sticking with bi-colour so far.

Meade 127, Atik One ,Baader filters, HA9x10mins, OIII9x15 mins, SII 9x15 mins 

post-195-0-46932800-1444944081.jpg

Looks wonderful.

I've just got into narrowband, using the same 3 filters as you. For some reason I thought the same principle as LRGB applied and have been exposing longer for Ha (doubling as luminance) compared with OIII and SII, but after looking at this I'm gonna reverse my tactics.

Cheers

StevieO

Looks wonderful.

I've just got into narrowband, using the same 3 filters as you. For some reason I thought the same principle as LRGB applied and have been exposing longer for Ha (doubling as luminance) compared with OIII and SII, but after looking at this I'm gonna reverse my tactics.

Cheers

StevieO

I'm no expert at this, I only bought the CCD camera in February so haven't been doing this very long and really like narrow band images. I found the HA usually overpowers the other two and got hardly any colour other than redish, or was quite muddy looking. I now try to get the signal up by longer or more exposures on the Oiii or sii, this makes it much easier to work with. 

Archived