Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Advice needed - Meade LPI imager and Nexstar 6SE - Autoguide

Thought I'd dip my toes into deepsky imaging with the very limited capabilities of the Meade LPI and have been trying to set up the auto guide feature. What ever I do I can't get the laptop (XP Home) to talk to the scope using Meade Autostar software. Wondered if any one might have any ideas.

So far, I've tried connecting from the autoguide port on the scope using the Celestron supplied RS232 cable and a serial to USB adaptor (drivers duly installed) - the connection is set up as com port 1. Ive also tried the cable supplied with the Meade LPI which would appear to be for the modem port (com3) Whichever I try, I have no success connecting and just get time outs or connection forceably rejected messages. I also tried the software Guidedog, but that just crashed each time I tried to select a telescope.

Anybody got any helpful suggestions or ideas?

Thanks

John

p.s. I've just installed the Nexremote software that was supplied with the scope and connected the cable to the socket in the handset - connected without problem so I suspect it's the cabling/software to do with the autoguide socket which i suspect isn't an rs232 socket

Archived