Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dew shield from yoga mat

weareborg

I'm looking at making my own dew shield for my OTA and finder and thought about using a yoga mat we have stashed behind the sofa that never gets used. I know people have used this sort of thing before but I was wondering if it needs to be black or a dark blue, as the I've I have is light blue. Would this affect the views at all your reckon?

• 5 years later...

I used to think that if you cover the device with a yoga Mat, it will have a bad effect on the device, which is why I never did it. There are more useful covering materials in stores. That is why I believe that the yoga Mat is better to use for its direct purpose, namely for tantric yoga which has become my new hobby on self-isolation, which has United me and my wife, which is why now we feel like the consciousness has been cleared of negative thoughts and we began to feel more free

Edited by TPayne

On 27/09/2015 at 22:35, weareborg said:

I'm looking at making my own dew shield for my OTA and finder and thought about using a yoga mat we have stashed behind the sofa that never gets used. I know people have used this sort of thing before but I was wondering if it needs to be black or a dark blue, as the I've I have is light blue. Would this affect the views at all your reckon?

My first shroud and dew shield combo for my heritage 150 were cut from a  light blue, closed cell foam camping mat  I already had (not for camping, I prefer to actually sleep in a tent so have comfier solutions, I snap up cheap mats when I see them, handy material for all sorts of things ) . I found no problem with the colour , either from an aesthetic or optical point of view , after all, it's dark ... human colour vision is poor in low light .

The only worry I'd have would be if the mat was one of the camping versions you sometimes see, with a silver layer to reflect heat : if I used one of those, I'd definitely want it shiny side out, just in case of reflections. I tied my dew shield on with string to start with, later , neater attempts have had velcro added , surprisingly I found it stuck on best with hot glue gun . Some brands of duct tape seem to stick well to foam, some just peel off , best experiment on a scrap bit if you decide to go down the tape route .

Heather

On 23/12/2020 at 14:12, Tiny Clanger said:

My first shroud and dew shield combo for my heritage 150 were cut from a  light blue, closed cell foam camping mat  I already had (not for camping, I prefer to actually sleep in a tent so have comfier solutions, I snap up cheap mats when I see them, handy material for all sorts of things ) . I found no problem with the colour , either from an aesthetic or optical point of view , after all, it's dark ... human colour vision is poor in low light .

I gave up on the yoga mat quite soon. I do imaging from my garden, which is very dark, but the light blue yoga mat would reflect any lights into the optical train, far from ideal.

I now stick to matt black

Huw