NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ccd for dso work

mark skelton

You have a decision to make with a C11, as you have rather a mammoth focal length to deal with, so chips with large pixels are a must. You haven't specified a budget, which means I am going to mention some pricey cameras, but in reality you will need a mono as you will need to bin pixels unless you get something like a Kodak 11000 (see the Atik 11000). Other Atiks would include the 460, which you could bin 2x2 to try and get some kind of decent resolution, or if you were feeling really brave, you could buy a hyperstar lens and go for an Atik 4120 colour camera.

Have a look at FLO's own tools for seeing what pixel scale you would have with various cameras and your C11 http://astronomy.tools/calculators/field_of_view/

You have a decision to make with a C11, as you have rather a mammoth focal length to deal with, so chips with large pixels are a must. You haven't specified a budget, which means I am going to mention some pricey cameras, but in reality you will need a mono as you will need to bin pixels unless you get something like a Kodak 11000 (see the Atik 11000). Other Atiks would include the 460, which you could bin 2x2 to try and get some kind of decent resolution, or if you were feeling really brave, you could buy a hyperstar lens and go for an Atik 4120 colour camera.

Have a look at FLO's own tools for seeing what pixel scale you would have with various cameras and your C11 http://astronomy.tools/calculators/field_of_view/

I'm selling the c11, and I'll be getting the skywatcher evostar 100ED DS-PRO.

Archived