Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

tracer 12ah or 14ah

Looking at purchasing a tracer battery just unsure on which one the 12ah or the 14ah to power a eq5 goto and a dew heater. Just trying to saver a bit of cash, would the 12ah cope? And if so what run time would I be looking at, 3 hours? 4?

I have the 10Ah battery, I only power my AVX mount but on 6 hour use I estimate 25% most probably not even that it seems I hardly ever need to charge the thing! With a dew heater I cant see any issues with you getting a full nights use with the 10Ah (the best way however to work out your usage would be to check the Ah(mAh) for your equipment and see what it comes back with).

I suggest the biggest you can afford. The reason is you may want to add other items to be powered in the future or change equipment say to a larger mount. Tracer have recently upped their prices on some batteries and may do so again as they increase in popularity. I bought one a several months ago and suggested some slight modifications. They did them but afterwards increased the battery price to new buyers by £100. A couple of months after that they again increased the same battery by another £100.

Another point is the standard charger takes about 10 hours to charge the battery, 22ah one. But they do another larger capacity charger that cuts the charging time almost in half. Worth looking into.

Derek

Archived