Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

KIndle fire and Star Walk

Hi,

I have just bought a Kindle Fire and cannot get the Star Walk app to orientate in real-time, i.e. if I hold it up to the sky it stays static instead of rotating as I move. It's the same for Night Sky but a compass app and Skye work fine, so the accelerometers seem ok.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

Thanks,

Neil.

AFAIK Kindles do not have GPS built in so apps like Star Walk will not move as you move. I do not know about Star Walk but SkyMap has the ability to 'freeze' the screen by tapping in the bottom left corner so that you can move it at will. That may offer you an alternative.

HTH

Star Walk and Sky Guide will not work in live mode, Skeye will but gets the orientation wrong, compass apps are not very accurate and finally, Mobile Observatory gives the message "This device does not have the correct sensors for live view". There we are then! Really surprised that the Kindle will not work, it's a gen 4. Back to Argos it goes!

Archived