Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Mesu being commissioned

Zakalwe

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is an odd problem Stephen. Did you ever get that issue sorted with regard to having to 'Set Park' for the Mesu to remember the model. I am not having to do this.

Hi Steve,

Yes....It seems to work as you described. It must have been user-error on my part. :icon_redface:

The CdC problem is a strange one, especially as a that has happened was the obsy has been powered down, left for 2 weeks, powered up and is now not working. Very strange.

Sometimes I really, really REALLY hate computers!

Not as much as I do ............

Have you two positively got automatic and correct sense autoguiding after a Meridian Flip working with SG PPro yet? I know that Steve (Gnomus) was pretty sure that he had it sorted (thanks for your input to my issue by the way!) but subject to a clear sky test?

Steve

My meridian flip worked in a real-world, clear-sky situation. But I have only needed to do a meridian flip once (my target had already passed the meridian the last few nights I've been abe to image.) I was using the latest beta version of SG Pro and a 'dev5.0' version of PHD2. I note that one of the bug revisions in the PHD revision history mentioned something about flip calibration, but I didn't really understand it. I dislike computers even more than you pair.

Steve

Well I just followed the advice of another forum member. But ... Yes... The Mesu is working very well and I'm really pleased with it. Very accurate guiding. The line is very flat with only occasional and very minor 'blips'. I suspect that these reflect seeing issues. Is there a periodic error routine n the Sitech software?

My autoguiding works beautifully if I set it up manually or start a new session pre-meridian flip - this is why it is so frustrating as the mount itself will do all I require of it, I JUST need the stooooopid software to reverse the guiding commands, how hard can that be? :grin: :grin:

Not as much as I do ............

Have you two positively got automatic and correct sense autoguiding after a Meridian Flip working with SG PPro yet? I know that Steve (Gnomus) was pretty sure that he had it sorted (thanks for your input to my issue by the way!) but subject to a clear sky test?

I've not got that far to be honest. The few times that I've needed to flip I've done it manually.

Is there a periodic error routine n the Sitech software?

Yes- see page 101of the SiTech Operations manual.

To be honest though, I'm not sure if we would been it. The PE seems very low, regular and slow- perfect for guiding out. Anytime I have used PEC in the past I seemed  to get worse results than with plain guiding.

Following advice from the SiTech Yahoo group, I've managed to get CdC and SiTech talking to one another again. i ran both SiTech and CdC in Administrator mode and then selected "Generic Hub" in the CdC Telescope Control panel. That got both programs back talking to one another. I was able to take the Administrator settings off both and go back to SiTechDLL in Telescope Settings (though continuing using generic Hub wouldn't be an issue). It looks like some setting or config file must have become corrupted somewhere and getting them to talk to one another somehow restored it.

Computers.....fickle blooming things at times!

If it is any consolation, I cannot get Stellarium to control the mount reliably.

Whats the problem Steve?

Have you installed StellariunmScope? I had a problem with the GOTOs not working correctly-the mount would seem to stop short of the target. Changing the epoch setting in StellariumScope sorted that out and it now seems to work perfectly.

I am not sure what the issue was - but the scope was not reliably slewing to targets. To be honest I rarely use Stellarium these days so I haven't put any time into trying to sort it. I'm quite happy with CdC.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding PE, I had some exchange with Lucas last month. This is what he has to say:

The Mesu PE is specified as less than 4"

But it is not a PE as is meant in the Sitech software you asked about.

The Sitech can correct for a PE in a worm gear not for a PE in a friction wheel.

When you use it  you'll find that after a while the correction is out of tune with the error and at a certain moment magnifies the error 2X at is max before it goes back again.

In summary, we should not attempt to correct the PE... when you consider there is constant flip in the drive system, there is no way the recorded PEC would help us at all...

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Sedat

I'm not able to edit my post so here is the edited version:

Regarding PE, I had some exchange with Lucas last month. This is what he has to say:

The Mesu PE is specified as less than 4"

But it is not a PE as is meant in the Sitech software you asked about.

The Sitech can correct for a PE in a worm gear not for a PE in a friction wheel.

When you use it  you'll find that after a while the correction is out of tune with the error and at a certain moment magnifies the error 2X at is max before it goes back again.

In summary, we should not attempt to correct the PE... when you consider there is constant slippage in the drive system, there is no way the recorded PEC would help us at all...

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Sedat

Archived