NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Diy camera adapter ideas or plans?

Ccolvin968

Just curious if it would be easier to buy a cheap adapter for a point and shoot camera or to build one. I'm not attaching my DSLR to my Dob. I have seen some really good results of the moon and other bright nebula and planets with a 10 inch Dob and a simple point and shoot. I know dobs aren't great for astrophotography but I'd love to see if I could replicate this gentleman's results.

Having just had a quick look online, I an get a bracket to mount the camera afocal, for either $30 ish or £30 ish (depending on country, yes, I found two seperate prices) so imo if you have the stuff to do it already and the engineering skills why not - but if you are looking to save money, you are probably best off just buying one.

Just my opinion though,

On here I saw a thread where the user had made an adaptor from an empty plastic pill bottle that held the camera in the eyepiece, very clever and it was just about a free diy solution.

Try searching on here you might find an idea that would work with your P&S.

Archived