NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

heads up, full set tmb monoconcentric eps

faulksy

I'll bet the asking price is quite eye watering :shocked:

I think the last one I saw sold had a tag of around £300 on it ?

I had the 5mm TMB Supermonocentric for a while. Optically really superb but it's 30 degree FoV, tiny eye lens and short eye relief made it a chore to use with my undriven scopes :undecided:

I used to have a set of these and now wish I had sold my internal organs instead ! Back in the old days when the toucam ruled they were superior used in eyepiece projection compared with barlowing the camera. I saw albedo effects on Ganymede visually with these coupled with an omc 200 on an exceptional night at kielder.

Someone with deep pockets is in for eye candy.

Regards

Dannae

I'll bet the asking price is quite eye watering :shocked:

I think the last one I saw sold had a tag of around £300 on it ?

I had the 5mm TMB Supermonocentric for a while. Optically really superb but it's 30 degree FoV, tiny eye lens and short eye relief made it a chore to use with my undriven scopes :undecided:

$4000 10 piece set with barlow :eek:

$4000 10 piece set with barlow :eek:

Sounds about right.

FWIW at the same time that I owned the 5mm TMB Supermono I owned a Universtiy Optics HD 5mm ortho (similar to a Baader GO) and compared the two at some length over a couple of months. My conclusion was that the TMB SM would show slightly more contrast on planetary features and show faint planetary moons just a little easier than the ortho, on the nights of the very best seeing conditions. On other nights I could detect no differences in the performance of the two eyepieces.

Such subtle and occasional differences, balanced with the ergonomics I've previously mentioned would not be worth the loss of my internal organs I feel :undecided:

Incidently I bought the SM for what was the going rate around 3 years back of £100. I sold it on for the same. Shortly after I sold it, Markus Ludes at APM announced that he had comissioned a new production run of the TMB SM's which were priced I seem to recall at around 400 Euro's each ?. Originally the TMB SM's were around half that when they were available new.

It's the only really top tier planetary eyepiece that I've had personal experience with and it was interesting to actually use one over a number of sessions. I'm slumming it now with a Pentax XW 5mm and that will have to do :rolleyes2:

Sounds about right.

FWIW at the same time that I owned the 5mm TMB Supermono I owned a Universtiy Optics HD 5mm ortho (similar to a Baader GO) and compared the two at some length over a couple of months. My conclusion was that the TMB SM would show slightly more contrast on planetary features and show faint planetary moons just a little easier than the ortho, on the nights of the very best seeing conditions. On other nights I could detect no differences in the performance of the two eyepieces.

Such subtle and occasional differences, balanced with the ergonomics I've previously mentioned would not be worth the loss of my internal organs I feel :undecided:

Incidently I bought the SM for what was the going rate around 3 years back of £100. I sold it on for the same. Shortly after I sold it, Markus Ludes at APM announced that he had comissioned a new production run of the TMB SM's which were priced I seem to recall at around 400 Euro's each ?. Originally the TMB SM's were around half that when they were available new.

It's the only really top tier planetary eyepiece that I've had personal experience with and it was interesting to actually use one over a number of sessions. I'm slumming it now with a Pentax XW 5mm and that will have to do :rolleyes2:

swoped my pentax 5mm big mistake. in talks now with mr alan potts, hope to have his soon. wish me luck :smiley:

Archived