NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eq6 problems

Hi guys I managed to get eqmod working and the mount tracking as well but 1/2 hour everything stopped again I couldn't slew to new targets and the tracking had definitely stopped has this happened to anybody else if so can you tell how it was resolved. I'm now thinking it could be the power connection in the mount I have the standard connector, the red power light stays on but somehow it's not getting through , I know people in the past have modded this part of the mount and put in a screw thread adapter , does anybody if that would cure the problem .

Dave

I don't have a EQ6 (currently using a CG5) however, when I began using the mount it wouldn't slew in RA.  I found that the mount needed more amps than the provided cheap power source provided (basically a cigarette lighter attachment that is supposed to be plugged into your car for power, it never worked properly).  I bought a power supply that provided the correct amps and voltage, and the mount worked fine.  Don't know if this applies to you, but it sounds like you are on the right track of fixing your problem.  Make sure your getting enough power to the mount.  

Archived