NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hopefully the wait is over?

Alienfox

So, according to my weather app it going to be clear tonight.

5808528_orig.png

I am planning on doing all the things I have been trying to do for the last 2 - 3 weeks, first job in hand will be setting up my new EQ5 Synscan mount, No 2 connecting it to my computer, No 3 Connecting my camera to get some images of anything as a test.

I am now also waiting for my new SW Startravel 120T OTA to arrive, hopefully piggy back this to my 150p and use it for DSO imaging, so again I will need some clear skies over the next week or so (fingers crossed).

I really believe that over the last 30 years or so the weather in the UK has changed quite a bit, I can remember the summer evenings being warm with clear skies in the evenings and it getting chilly as the night drew in, or am I just picking out the good bits?

I managed to check that I could reach infinity focus with a new C mount to EOS Lens adapter last night...that's all I could do until the clouds rolled in, lasted all of 15 minutes before I couldn't even see any stars.

Hope your graphs are correct...

As you can see from the forecast taken about 5 minutes ago, my clear sky window has reduced drastically.

6070764_orig.png

All is I need is 15 minutes to line up Polaris.   Damn this english weather.

Well that was a complete waste of time, the clouds never cleared until just gone 10, so once Polaris was visible I tried to align the EQ5 synscan, first of all North has moved?  checked it with 2 compasses and it has moved since last week? wonder if the lamp post right next to my garden has anything to do with it.  Anyway, I follow the youtube videos, 3 in all and they dont make sense, I cant line up the polarscope because it is so far out I have to jiggle the tripod to do it, so I think I am there, I do a 3 star alignment on ths synscan, everything looks good, I try to get the scope to move to Deneb and it points straight down to the ground, so I figure the damn thing thinks Im in Oz, so it goes cloudy and I am back to square one, none the wiser.

I suppose there is always a chance of a clear sky at some point in the near future so I can try again.

Archived