Astronomy weather apps

Dave1

Hello people

I have downloaded 7timer Astro Weather app for my windows phone. How ever it never connects, does anyone else here, who has this app, having the same issue? Is there a way I can resolve?

Is there another Astronomy weather app you recommend?

The BBC weather forecast drives me mad.It changes hourly.First thing in the morning it can say clear all night,by mid afternoon or evening its partly cloudy, then cloudy. 

What sort of weather forecast is that.It happens nearly all the time.

Lets hope this 97million pound computer will do better.

97million pounds.........What would that pay for.

Mick.

Anyone see the program a few days back on our odd weather?

We sit at a point where 4 air masses are all converging:

Artic AM, Polar Continental AM, Maritime AM and the Tropical AM.

Which one "prevals" depends on the Jetstream position, also how fast the JS is going and the shape of the JS - is there a loop before us, after us, above us, below us.

Then add in that each air mass has high and low pressure systems rotating the air clockwise and anti-clockwise.

So if a loop forms in a few hours the weather alters, if a loop disappears it changes, if the loops move E-W or W-E it changes, same for N/S movement.

Basically we have close to no chance of a 100% accurate weather forecast.

I still like the fact that all Look East weather forecast ends at 16:00 every day.

They forecast the weather and the forecast ends at 16:00 when they move on to the next day.

What is supposed to happen to the remainder of the day - only some 8 hours of it - I have no idea. I guess evenings here have no weather, at all ever.

I have probably learnt more about weather and the causes of it doing astronomy then I have picked up on the astronomy aspect, which is a bit unexpected.

Anyone see the program a few days back on our odd weather?

We sit at a point where 4 air masses are all converging:

Artic AM, Polar Continental AM, Maritime AM and the Tropical AM.

Which one "prevals" depends on the Jetstream position, also how fast the JS is going and the shape of the JS - is there a loop before us, after us, above us, below us.

Then add in that each air mass has high and low pressure systems rotating the air clockwise and anti-clockwise.

So if a loop forms in a few hours the weather alters, if a loop disappears it changes, if the loops move E-W or W-E it changes, same for N/S movement.

Basically we have close to no chance of a 100% accurate weather forecast.

I still like the fact that all Look East weather forecast ends at 16:00 every day.

They forecast the weather and the forecast ends at 16:00 when they move on to the next day.

What is supposed to happen to the remainder of the day - only some 8 hours of it - I have no idea. I guess evenings here have no weather, at all ever.

I have probably learnt more about weather and the causes of it doing astronomy then I have picked up on the astronomy aspect, which is a bit unexpected.

Please don't make excuses for them.

ITS THEIR JOB!!!!!

Archived