Possible Perseids – is it a bird, is it a plane, or could it just be a meteor

None of them are Perseid I'm afraid. Whether any are meteors is difficult to tell to be honest, especially without seeing the trails at a higher resolution. The lack of colour in the streaks leans me towards thinking that they are satellites.

Thanks for the comments, I will try to produce a couple of high res extracts - they are all 30" exposures shot at 8mm, ISO 12,800 - so they will be a bit grainy with trails on the smaller size due to the focal length :)

post-45469-0-56101700-1439079487_thumb.jOk I promised a couple more from Friday's shoot, I think I have shrunk the above ones a bit too much, hopefully these will be a bit bigger...

First  of Kennick Reservoir, which with it's neighbouring Tottiford and Trenchford Reservoir are close to Bovey Tracey and Moretonhampstead.  Shots on the 8-15mm fisheye at 15mm

Archived