Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

7 August 2015

Gazabone

Just got my PST out to catch a glimpse between clouds. Seriously, if you have any chance of looking in Ha this afternoon grab it. It's the most active I think I've ever seen it, detached proms, large filiments, everything's going on in spades - wow. If I didn't trust physicists better, I'd be thinking the whole lot was about to blow.

If I didn't trust physicists better, I'd be thinking the whole lot was about to blow.

Why trust them?

If they say it is not going to do anything and you are still here tomorrow you cannot criticise them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If it does blow then tomorrow you won't be around to criticise them. :eek: :eek:

So the "easy" option is to tell you it is all right and not worry, and they have worked that out. :grin: :grin:

Thanks Ronin, a good point very well made. A similar sort of argument to why I will say there is definitely life elsewhere in the universe, nobody can ever prove me wrong but I could just be proved right. If I said the opposite then........

I just had a look a few hours ago from Skye and the views were stunning indeed. A huge filaprom towers over the eastern limb a massive AR is southeast of centre and shows a HUGE sunspot trailing a bright plage region and several smaller spots. Two detached proms (one bright, close to the limb, one fainter further out) and a long hedgerow are visible in the west. Loads of action today.

Archived