NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Next step?

Chris M48

I started getting actively involved in stargazing about 5 years ago although I've been interested in astronomy for ever.

My first scopes were dobsonian reflectors but then came the goto mounts and refractors for imaging.

All that was accrued from retirement funds which have now largely expired so I now have to be a lot more frugal.

I'm very happy with the kit I possess:

SW ED100 fitted with Focal reducer and SW 200PDS fitted with coma corrector on an HEQ5 mount with Canon 1100D modded. Finder/Guider SW 9 x 50 with SPC900NC.

I get great joy from taking DSO images and wonder how I can improve results without breaking the bank.

I use Stellarium, PHD2, BYEOS, DSS, Photoshop and Startools software.

Any ideas or suggestions will be welcome.

Many thanks, Chris

A couple of examples where i'm at:post-14688-0-51535800-1437223314_thumb.jpost-14688-0-95826800-1437223375_thumb.p

Hi

I'm not yet very experienced but a reasonable suggestion might be a ) more data and b ) more sophisticated processing - perhaps with Pixinsight. I keep meaning to get a copy myself... (I think I've been saying that for about a year now!). Also, a cooled mono ccd + filters is always desirable but they might break the bank!

Louise

Archived