NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Great night with both new scopes

goose35

Well has the 150p on the eq 3-2 and gave the 150pl its first light on the bresser exos goto. Flitting the 25mm npl, 9mm x-cell and a 2x barlow between the 2

got the pl straight on Saturn. What a view with the 9mm x-cell ep. Alas there are trees right along the path so had to view between the gaps, then once past the trees it was on its way down.

Got the p on the Ring nebula in Lyra. I was stunned what i saw. for the first time i was able to see with averted vision what a beutifull sight. a well defined ring with a distinct two tone hue.

Then the pl went onto M32 an undefined fuzzyness. i was dissapointed at first as i thought i was on the andromeda m31. once i realised i stayed onit as it was my first visual on a galaxy and once i got my eye in i was chuffed.

The p then went onto M13 the great cluster in hercules. stunned is the word. i could define stars much better than my astromaster

That pretty much ends my best night of observing.

My plan now it to image with the astromaster 130eq or visual with the 150p on the goto and do visual on the eq 3-2 with the 150 p.

Think im pretty much covered :)

Archived