Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

At what point do I resize binned images ??

I will be taking lum subs binned 1x1 and RBG binned 2x2

When do I resize the RGB subs to match the lum subs??  Before stacking or after stacking or after merging the RGB ??

I think I get the theory of most of what I need to do - just getting my mind in gear for when darkness returns !!

Sorry Billy, not ignoring you, saw your post yesterday and thought someone more savvy than me would have answered it by now.

I resize the RGB  after it's been combined then blend it with Luminance in P'Shop no reason just the way I've always done it.

Dave

I can't see that there is any new information created when you resize upward (where would it come from?) so I'd be inclined to stack and calibrate at bin 2 using bin 2 calibration files (darks, bias and flats.) Then I'd resize upwards so I could see what I was doing. After all, this is the size at which your colour data will finally appear. Be aware that there is no need to chase detail in your colour processing. Go for strong colour and low noise. Not sharpness. That's the job of the L layer.

Olly

Archived