Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What planetarium software are you using?

Eqmod need one to operate in. It is not a stand alone 

programme.

As well as the Ascom version 6 Platform, you will also need Equascom. The latest version I don't know what it is, but

anyone will get you started. You can practice slewing from object to object in Simulator mode.

Bear in mind also, that Eqmod is only compatible with  certain Equatorial mounts. Which one do you have?

You need Starry Night Pro Plus,  Sky Map pro, or some other Planetarium SW.

Once you have one installed, clicking on connect to Telescope will induce eqmod to start up, and away you go.

It will need some additional input from you of course, but there is a help file to take you thorough it.

Ron.

As Ron says, you need a control program like a planetarium program - the free software Cartes du Ciel is ideal. Run C du C set 'Telescope - Telescope Settings' to ASCOM then 'Telescope - Select' to 'EQMOD ASCOM HEQ5/6' and then 'Connect'.

Hi Barkis yea got neq5&6 various scopes newts and fracs etc, using hand controllers just now but trying to experiment into guiding scopes via laptop,cheers to all for help, thanks Ron for info, I will give it a go later,

Jamie, you can use your EQ Hand Controller to connect to Eqmod, 

But you need to place it in PC mode to do so.

Eqmod is a super bit of software, and best of all it's free.

Thousands of Imagers use it, and many on this forum do.

I  know how to use it,   but there are much more experienced imagers who can help you

along with it much better than I can, so just ask when you need to.

Rather than use your Hand Controller to connect to the Mount, it is much better to use one of these.

Your own choice of course.

Whatever you do, don't just connect a USB cable directly between the mount and your laptop, it may damage your mounts electronics.

Click link to read about it.

Ron.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/hitecastro/hitecastro-eqdir-adapter.html

Archived