Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is this for real

PaulG

I think a current picture would not be too much to ask...it's difficult to know what to bid when you can't see it!

Given the vague nature of this listing (& photo), I would expect this scope to be a complete wreck when I arrived to collect it. :?

It looks like a friction drive too, so I hope there is a clutch in the drive wheel, or it will send the motor round at a hell of a lick if you slew the scope by hand. Although, a closer look suggests that is a worm and wheel, but how it is driving the scope around baffles me a bit.

He has fore warned that it is showing it's age, so a fair bit of restoration will be required.

Ron.

I am a bit confused by the stated f ratio f63.75. Got to be a typo.? Perhaps it means focal length. :(

He states also, that the silver is flaky, and it may need re silvering. If that's so, and silver is the original coating, it may take a bit of removal. I don't think silver comes off as easy as aluminium. A mix of Sodium Hydroxide and water shifts ally quite easily. Silver may be more difficult

Ron. ;)

the picture was taken about 30 years ago...!

I'm sure that's true. I reckon there's a Bee Gees tape playing in the background; just look at those flares. The telescope with its brass finder looks quite like the one on the front of the 1978 Fullerscopes catalogue. They used to do an f6.5 250mm Newtonian. Inside the catalogue there's a picture of Dudley Fuller with much the same clothes and haircut as the eBay seller! If it's not a Fullerscope I reckon it's from that time, in which case the mirrors will need a lot of TLC - Hugh.

• 1 month later...

Archived