NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WO Star71 auto focus

Has anyone fitted an auto focuser to the above scope? If so how?? I assume as the scope is American the 4 screws holding the focuser plate are imperial? Did you use stand off bolts..........where from?

Any help would be received with thanks, the scope should be with me soon and I would like to crack on and get things sorted instead of faffing about.

Has anyone fitted an auto focuser to the above scope? If so how?? I assume as the scope is American the 4 screws holding the focuser plate are imperial? Did you use stand off bolts..........where from?

Any help would be received with thanks, the scope should be with me soon and I would like to crack on and get things sorted instead of faffing about.

William Optics are Taiwanese not American: Zhongzheng E. Rd.,Danshui Dist.,New Taipei City 251,Taiwan (R.O.C.)

Their main market is American but not actually a US company.

Does get amusing when their site decides for you to work in either US$ or Taiwanese $.

Actually looking at the WO Site they seem to have reduced many of their prices - being skeptical I doubt we will see that reflected here.

When it comes to screw threads I suspect that many scopes are a peculiar mix.

I have a couple of Lakeside motor focussers and they are only attached to the tensioner screw with a lock nut this works OK, I have a WO ST71  and there are a couple of flat bits to mount a bracket on so should work, don't think there are any "spare" screw holes to mount anything.

Drop Ian King an email as he deals in WO and Lakeside so will know if a bracket is available.

Dave 

Archived