Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY Website Malware?

Hi, Google is reporting that qhyccd.com is hosting malware. A very dramatic full-screen red background with a message. Does anyone know anything about this?

Regards, Hugh

The site ahead contains malware

Attackers currently on qhyccd.com might attempt to install dangerous programs on your computer that steal or delete your information (for example, photos, passwords, messages, and credit cards).

My guess is that this is a false positive from Google.  And the QHY folk are rectifying this. It could also be that they have had their website hacked...

As it happens just done some digging and they have changed their website url to :-- http://www.coolccd.com/en/top/QHYCCD-welcome-page/      ...this would explain the above result as it would have come off the certified list.

Hi Damian, Thanks for that. I have only just bought a QHY5L-II and the mini-CD with the drivers doesn't work. Naturally, first thought is go online and download the software but even using the new URL, I still get the Google warning when I try and go to the download pages.

However, I just had a very interesting chat with Bernard at Modern Astronomy and he is going to make me another CD and send it straight away. Very, very impressive service!! In the meantime I will avoid the website just in case.

Regards, Hugh

I noticed this problem yesterday.  I'm not yet convinced it's a false positive.  The site was hacked at the tail end of last year they had some significant problems getting everything back online afterwards.  I think their forums were offline for several months.  Since that happened most of the uploaded software in their forums that was in zip format seems to have been corrupted which makes me wonder if a hacker manage to get onto the site and modify many of the files.

James

Archived