Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tonights the night of the final test.

bomberbaz

Ok so I have got to where I want to be. (for now  :grin: )

I have now got the 300p flex goto linked up to my computer using a 10M serial extension on the handset so I can operate the scope via stellarium and use the handset for fine tuning if needed, manual moving to DSO's or simply scanning the sky.

On the main scope will be fitted the PD1 with .5 reducer linked up with usual AV and Kworld USB adaptor

I also have a ZWO spotting/guide scope linked to a webcam via 10M repeater cable which it is intended to use for just scanning, wide angle views and planetary.

I have tested all this above and it works fine but now its just the fine tuning I need to do. This entails screaming at the PD1 to provide me a decent video and similar approach with the webcam. After that I might just try some patient tweaking  :rolleyes:

Just so you know the PC happily runs the PD1 and webcam at the same time along with stellarium. I run the PD1 through smartcap and the webcam through cyberlink power director. One of the plus points about smart cap is I can reverse the images via the software so I see the natural view.

Anyway, its a case of watch this space and lets see what I achieve. Although I am very hopeful to be getting some high quality views pretty soon.

I will put some pictures up of both the rig and some camera images once i have finished tweaking, so about 2017 then hahaha  :p  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

regards

steve

ok quick update before bed.

better results tonight than the other night but the only issue that bugged me is the ZWO inder scope is going back. I didnt really give it the once over when I recieved it, focusing more on how it would be used than checking out its suitability. The focus travel is pathetic, nothing much over a half inch. I cannot focus with i=either of my camera, not impressed at all. Return pending I am afraid.

However the image I managed is far superior to those I got the other night, still work to do but much better.

post-26735-0-54722600-1433978986.jpg

Cheers all for reading

Steve

actually look at this there is a lot of star slur in there and still a little overexposed, really want to get to a dark sky to see if results can be improved. Bearing in mind this is via a 300p, thats a lot of light gathering power so still not quite where it needs to be but like i said, improved. The on screen image was cleaner but grainy. 

I looked through some older images i have of M57 and they are much cleaner. Same scope and camera so really need to try and emulate those but its all good fun.

steve

Archived