Tracking setup help please

Hi and I hope my first question is not the most stupidest ,

I am setting up so I can track with a starlight camura my question is do I incert the camura directly into the tracking scope or do I use a diagonal ...many thanks

Use it prime, generally you put it direct to the focuser, the only other things you may have in front is filters or focal reducers etc but not a diagonal (unless you have a focus issue, then you can use extension tubes etc).

You want as little in your optical path as possible.

Many thanks ,Cathouse 42 and PeterCPC

I have no target for me it's about learning to get my equipment running, and configured, and about me learning how to use it

my mount is a celestron Cgem DX, my guide scope is William optics, 50mm Guiding Scope or I was going to try my zenith star Doublet ED, and the guide camura is a starlight express

Your latest post has confused me somewhat. I am beginning to think that when you say tracking, you actually mean guiding. The same answer applies for the guide camera - direct into the focuser.

Peter

Not sure how you would fit the guide camera onto the W.O. Finder scope. I have that item and it is for finding. No method without extra adapters I think. I'll have a look at mine if I can find it. I take it it is the Loadstar camera?

Derek

Not sure how you would fit the guide camera onto the W.O. Finder scope. I have that item and it is for finding. No method without extra adapters I think. I'll have a look at mine if I can find it. I take it it is the Loadstar camera?

Derek

WO do a 50mm finder guider which can also be used for visual.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/finders/william-optics-50mm-finderscope-bracket.html

Thanks Earl,

I didn't know about that one. My finder is a straight through and quite old.

Derek

Its a nice finder, im not keen on the foot that WO use but the scope is good.

Its a nice finder, im not keen on the foot that WO use but the scope is good.

Yes the foot is US. I altered mine. It is in the loft now anyway. But very good views, just a pity it does not have a right angle attachment. Not thought of guiding with it though. This thread has made me think about that.

Derek

Archived