Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturday 6th June

Pig

I was awoken by some lovely sunshine this morning so I jumped out of bed and opened the curtains, at last some lovely blue sky, so I pulled on Levis ( Bit of trivia - The first pair of Levis were made on June 6th 1850 :shocked:) ran downstairs and switched on the Quark. After brushing my teeth I was ready to go :grin:

There isn't much happening in the way of proms at the  moment just a nice little hedgerow in the 10 O'clock position and a bonsai tree close by, there is also a crab claw shaped prom in the 5 O'clock position.

The surface patterns really make up for it though especially the plaged areas that are surrounding the 5 or so groups of sunspots that are showing that wonderful kaleidoscope pattern that I haven't seen for a little while now

I do love the burnt orange colour the sun seems to have whilst it is rising and the granulation appears to be slightly better defined. This mornings sun is no exception and the views are mesmerising.

On a side note I have recently purchased a 32mm Baader plossl and I am really surprised at the superior views it gives in both of my 80mm scopes. In addition eye placement is a breeze.

This means for full disc viewing in Ha the 2 eyepieces with a combined cost of under £80 are the best in my collection :laugh: this has to be good news for the wallet.

Excellent stuff, Shaun and glad here you caught the Saturday Sun :grin: Lovely turn of phrase with your "wonderful kaleidoscope pattern" of the active regions; both in white light and H-alpha it really is a spectacular display.

I've made some sketches but the beach is calling, so a little later this evening I will try to post them up in this thread :smiley:

Have a great day, Shaun :icon_salut:

Archived