Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello,

Looking to tidy up this cabling mess. What tips do people have. I would like to make sure that there is enough length in the wires for the assembly to rotate, and post-41386-0-34004400-1433064584.jpghaving the power supplies in a dew proof box seems a good thing to do. Ultimately, just want something that will stop the inevitable accident of me tripping over it all. 

Thanks

Alistair

I run all my cables from the dew heaters, CCD, guidescope ect down in between the two scope rings then plug them all in to place. Then grab them all in one hand and rotate your scope and mount to where its going to be pulling the cables the most then tie them down. I use a few little sticky cable clips stuck to the mount to hold them in place so that there is enough slack for the rig to move freely. 

You could also stick a multi usb hub somewhere near your scope and plug everything in, then you would only have 2 cables running down the side of the mount which is much easier to handle, the usb hub cable and your autoguider cable and maybe a couple dew heaters depending on where your dew hub is! Thats what i'm hoping to do eventually.

Callum

Archived