Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A software to help focusing?

Chrisj

Hello,

Do you know of a software to help focusing with a Canon 300D?

I need to select a star on the image, zoom on it 300x or 400x, make images of this star only and each time an image is downloaded be able to compare with previous images of the same star.

Thank you!

Nice link Steve 8)

Don't suppose you have a circuit diagram/parts list for your switch for an electronics numpty like me !! :oops:

Cheers

Bill£ ;)

What, do you mean like this?

You will be mostly interested in the Serial Version which is the second version down the page.

Thanks a lot steppenwolf! DSLR Focus seems the right tool for me. It is just not clear to me whether each star can be automatically displayed zoomed in during the processing phase.

Yes it does allow you to zero in on a single star - fantastic software and as well as focus it will also allow you to set up a complete imaging session so that you can go inside and have a coffee!

Focus remains a manual exercise, of course but just so convenient - hit the space bar, check focus visually or with the parameter tools supplied, adjust, hit the space bar again etc. until you get the best focus you can achieve in the current seeing.

Archived