Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SW SynScan Alt-Azimuth GoTo Mount motor firmware

Kardell

Hi everyone,

I think I have downgraded the firmware on it.

Before it was showing Motor controller ver. 02.12.85

Now it shows 02.09.85

I have download whatever latest is available on their website: AZ GOTO MOTOR CONTROLLER FIRMWARE (V2.09)

Do they have any other more up to date download location for firmware?

Please advise

Thank you

My spec is:

SkyWatcher MAK127 GOTO (Maksutov-Cassegrain)
SynScan Alt-Azimuth GoTo Mount
SynScan V3 Hand Controller

• 2 months later...

I have updated the all the firmwares to the latest but now got every now and then

Both Axes...No Response!

This has to do with hand controller firmware. As far as I know you can just ignore this error and press Enter to go further or downgrade the firmware to previous version.

I do experience another problem though.

When I slew the scope with a direction button pressed for longer even when I release it it continues in that direction and simply the control is lost. I have to turn the device off completely otherwise it will continue 360.

Have you come across something similar with that scope?

• 3 months later...

I have come back to this topic, because this "Both Axes...No Response!" really annoys me.

You will find the solution in this forum: http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/492768-synscan-v-337/page-2

And the working firmware 3.36 that is working fine you will find here: http://www.telescope.com/Orion-SynScan-Computerized-GoTo-Hand-Controller/p/99365.uts

Downgrade and relax.

Please note that this is not motor's firmware issue but hand controller's.

By the way SkyWatcher's Download section is so primitive it reminds me some old software companies that have these forgotten driver, firmware dumping grounds, where everything is mixed up and people keep wondering if this driver is intended for for theirs or neighbor's telescope. I would expect more professionalism from these manufacturers.

Archived