Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Up and runing but have issues... as always :)

Last night I got my PA sorted and my Autofocus trained, however for some bizzare reason Poth Hub seems to be missbehaving.

Im using th Sheylak Dometracker driver and Temma driver by CCDastro v 6.2.1 controlled by a Windows 7 64bit laptop.

1)

My usual configuration connected my dome and mount to Poth Hub this is then selected in SPG as the mount / dome controller and its now making the screen on SGP gery out and then crash.

If I try to do the same in Maxim it behaves erratically, unusual dome slews and posistion reporting.

I have reinstalled ascom 6.1 and this has made no apparent difference.

2)

When I tested via PHD2 (connected via temma dome running manual)  and Nebuloisty 3 I was able to take subs and guide without any issues.

When I tired to calibrate the guiding in Maxim I got the star has moved < 5 pixels error.

Any thoughts?

Of course this morning afte a clean boot SGP has connected and all that side of things is working as it should....

I did reboot last night and try so i still consider this unresolved.

from what i can see the laptop is fine this is the only thing that happens , I Hope its just some sort of ascom issue / poth hub, I am really wanting to avoid a full reinstall, but it may be the only solution.

OK I have some progress, Connected via Poth botht he Dome and the Mount, the dome hoems fine, it slaves then wonders off, thinking it has not moved far enough when the readout on slving was correct.

After a few issue I have discovered that the USB port was a primary problem, Im also goign to go back over to some of the single port USB to serial adapters as the multi adapter box i have is not inspiring confidence.

I will get to the bottom of this.

a small update

I have to run SGP in admin mode for the Starizona focuser to work, this means everything else (all ascom) has to be ran in admin mode otherwise they dont talk.

A note for referance.

1 - Add User To Administrators Group And Remove From Users Group:

1. Log In As Administrator

2. Go To Run ( WinKey + R )

3. Type "control userpasswords2"

4. Select Your Account And Click On "Properties"

5. Select "Group Membership" Tab

6. Select "Administrators"

7. Click OK And OK

2 - Disable Approval Mode

1. Log In As Administrator

2. Go To Run ( WinKey + R )

3. Type "secpol.msc"

4. Go To Local Polices > Security Options

5. Find "User Account Control: Switch to the secure desktop when prompting for elevation"

6. Open It Click Disable It And Click Ok.

7. Restart Computer( Very Important Log Off Doesn't Work )

Now Every App Will Be Run As Administrator In All Administrator Users

Earl those windows changes look quite dangerous from a security point of view, I would be quite concerned unless the computer doesn't have an Internet connection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This I can understand, UAC is poorly implemented and intrusive but there are better workarounds.

Google UAC whitelist.

That will allow you to stop UAC interfering with specific programs whilst keeping its protection in place as it is an important tool to stop hackers, especially when you are logged on as admin (this is also not recommended and setting each apps run level is better if it will work).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the situation at present is due t the Starizona focuser needing SGP to run in Admin mode for it to run, as soon as i move over to Maxim its a none issue, however im just focusing on getting it all talking with the original setup first then ill start using maxim.

Archived