Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

He's more than a little twinkle

David Crane

We have just spent a week with Olly Penrice and Monique at Sun,Star, France and everything other members have said about him is true - his jokes, his drinking, etc etc!   But there is a another, more serious, side to Olly. He is very, very generous with his considerable knowledge and his time, and very patient when you lose a galaxy!  Actually he is very generous with the wine too (!) but a moderate drinker. (sorry Olly).  I have to say we had a great time.

I'm lucky that my wife is also interested in the 'heavens' but she also enjoyed photographing the vultures and hunting for fossils locally.

I knew Olly had a reputation as an astrophotographer and I was delighted when we (99% Olly) captured and processed the Sombrero galaxy. The visual astronomy was just as good and seeing the Markarian Chain in his 20" dob was amazing.

This was a chance to get to know a great couple in a beautiful location and I would recommend it whatever level you are.

David Crane

Archived