Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Autoguiding settings

Hi again folks:

I'm using a Celestron 9.25SCT and ASI 120mm camera.  Just started autoguiding via A SI and Firecapture.  Just wondering if any members using similar gear could share what settings (correction time and cycle time) you are using?

Thanks again

Cheers

Roger

Thanks AB

I'm just starting out with autoguiding with the ASI...not doing any DSO imaging at this point.....trying to get Jupiter centered while imaging with Firecapture autoguiding....on another site someone suggested that correction time has to be at least 1000 milliseconds for RA and DEC(?)

Cheers

Roger

Hi,

I am nit familiar with FC for autoguiding, but that seems very high, is it a maximum setting or is that the size of each pulse for correction ??

If it is a maximum and it can send a pulse of any length up to that, then ok, but to send every pulse of 1000 Ms seems a bit high, unless your mount is badly aligned, or you are using long guide exposures.

Hope that makes sense

Regards

AB

Thanks again AB

I had a chance last night to play around with this...on Jupiter and Saturn.  I can't recall the exact values (bit groggy this morning) but they were quite a bit less than 1000 ms.  I got Jupiter to stay pretty well on centre through the RGB runs but once in a while I had to paddle image up a bit...more tweaking I guess(?) What you said does make sense (now that I'm starting to understand this process a bit more)

Cheers :smiley:

Roger

Archived