Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Firecapture woes

JB80

I have been struggling all morning with firecapture on a couple of fronts.

Firstly, I have downloaded the new version and managed to set it up using the laptops camera but I can't seem to find an option to switch cameras anywhere. Maybe I'm being thick but does anyone know where the options to change camera is in the latest version of FC.

Secondly, in the older version I have never really had any issues with that until this morning when it decided to constantly give me the "capture failed" message.

I wasn't sure what was going on, I thought maybe the target was too bright and it overloaded everything and I eventually got it working only to have the message come up and again and stop working.

I haven't  changed anything here, I use the same USB2.0 port I always use then tried the others and I tried different cables but the same thing happened.

I figure if I can get the latest version of FC to find my camera then I can see if it is still doing it and then maybe it's a camera thing?

I don't know but I'm frustrated anyway.

Any ideas?

I don't think you can switch cameras without restarting the application, and once you've started the application if the camera you last selected is still connected then it defaults to using that camera.

However, in the directory where FireCapture is installed I believe there should be a number of short cuts to start FireCapture with a specific camera type.  If you run it using the correct shortcut for the camera you want to use then I think it should "just work".

James

I will have a look and see what I find. The old version has a menu that pops up when you open FC where you can select the camera from the list then off you go.

The new version just fires up without giving you any options but like you said maybe I have inadvertently switched the laptop camera on and it's always connected now, that might explain  the issues elsewhere.

I'll check that too.

Found the directory files so that should work, just need to finish transferring some files and I'll see if it works.

I wouldn't of thought looking there but at the very least I can set up a shortcut for each camera even if it's not the best way to go about it.

Just use the dedicated shorcut that FC installs into the FC directory.

Capture Failed messages can be related to the USB channel not being able to keep up....I am having this problem with an ASI174 camera. You can throttle it back a bit by using the USBTraffic setting which is hidden in the "More" button in the Control panel.

A slow hard disk can also cause this issue.

Yeah the shortcut looks to be the solution so that is what I'll do.

I did try the usb traffic as well but it was the same as it's always been without any problems. I don't think it would be the hard disk but if it keeps happening I'll have to troubleshoot it.

Archived