NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

CG5 Issues With Hand Paddle

Hi Everyone:

Well, I just set up the CG5 mount for the first time. When I tried to set up the basic coordinates using the handle paddle, I ran into problems. For instance, I pressed undo to edit the time but then it went straight into the city data base. When I pressed enter it went to united states. When I pressed the up-down it did not go to international choice, but rather stayed where it was and made a funny sound. In short, the undo function and the up-down buttons do not seem  to be working properly, or am I doing something wrong?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-Charles

You may be using the wrong buttons on the paddle, navigating around the menus is done with the 6 and 9 keys, not the up/down/left/right buttons immediately below the screen read out, those are for moving the mount in RA and Dec and would nearly explain the funny sound (especially if it was a sort of whirring noise).

When you say 'up' 'down' buttons, do you mean the arrow buttons that move the mount? If so that would explain the 'funny sound'.

Go here and download the manual for your mount. Just type in CG5 in the search area on the right hand side of the page.

HTH

Archived