Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

April 24, 2015: The big proms are still there

Just had the solar scope out before cycling to work. The massive hedgerow (forest) has grow overnight :eek:. More surprisingly, the long thin prom on the western limb, which looks such a fragile, ephemeral structure, is also still with us. Loads of detail on the disk too, but these are rather upstaged by the fireworks on either side. Hope the weather holds till I get home this afternoon so I can image it again (should it all last that long). In the mean time I will pop out with the scope during lunch and tea breaks to see what's going on.

I managed to set up just after 7am here whilst the clouds were behaving themselves.  Its absolutely massive !  I can't believe a structure of this scale can maintain its integrity for any significant amount of time.  Its was an amazing view, that was before the cloud curtains finished the show 10 minutes in :( but hey it may be gone next time the clouds open again so just pleased to have seen it once for now   :)

Got my new Lunt 60 this morning (yey  :grin:  :grin:  :grin: )    before the clouds rolled in and was able to get a look at this. That hedgerow of proms is impressive. That thin prom shows nicely, looks like a bit has detached as well.

Archived